Brilliant smiles lead you to the simple country ,like into a pure world
The school silhouette
Lunch time ~tasty meal~expectant eyes ~satisfied smile ~being moved by these ~
Are you moved by the children ’s smiles when they received the caring little schoolbags ?
We want to make the beautiful moment an eternity ~
Summary of the visit to Houshuihe primary school /Shichengzi primary school in Qinghuangdao City :
1. Time . We left the Jingha expressway toll station at 6：50 a.m.,arrived in Qidaohe country at 10：40 a.m..We got to school at 11：30 a.m. and left at 1：10 p.m.. About 5：30 p.m.we reached Tongzhou . We didn’t have traffic jam on the road that afternoon ,except when we approached Beijing .
2. Progress .We visited the kitchen facilities , watched how children had their meals --started eating ,drank soup/water and returned basins . Then we distributed schoolbags to the children ,communicated with school leaders about financial problems and the existing difficulties ,took a group photo .
3. A brief summary of the visit :
* The school environment .Although two schools don’t had large playground ,they both had a yard for activities . They both had new and old classrooms with complete teaching tools which looked fine .
* The actual number of people ,according the data of distributing schoolbags . In all ,we carried 163 sets of stationery ,actually distributed 73(62+11) sets to Houshuihe primary school and 85(77+8) sets to Shichengzi primary school .11 and 8 is the number of absent students that schools said .
* Kitchen facilities and hygiene . The condition of hygiene was fine ,tableware was clean ,cook’s clothes were clean too . They had complete facilities like cauldron ,liquefied gas stove and so on .
* The quality of meal. They had a meat dish and a vegetable dish for lunch ,the same as we had expected (a fired bean curd and a bean fired meat /pumpkin stir fired meat ).
* The order and environment of dining . Every class received meals in order and each child had clean stainless steel tableware . Children would return to their classrooms and eat in their own seats after they had received their meals .
* Food feedback . All children said that the meal was delicious and they could eat full . It seemed that the meal met the standard of three Yuan .
* Financial problem . Each month Free Lunch would check out with schools ,and schools did not know the general ledger between enterprises and free lunch program . At present ,the cost every month is 3 yuans for every child and 800 yuans for every cook .
1. Difficulties existing in primary school
* Lacking fridges for refrigeration ,they merely have a large freezer at present .
* Lacking disinfecting cabinets , can only use large steamers instead .
* Shengchengzi primary school had an audio-visual classroom ,but it had only one computer with bad effect .Houshuihe primary school had no audio-visual facility ,it needed build some .
1. Other things
* Two primary school both had a plan to tear down a row of old classrooms and build some new ones. Shengchengzi could carry it out this year and Houshuihe would carry it out next year .
* There were also some other volunteer teams donating and carrying out events in the school ,such as the former activities that held by newspaper office ,etc . The schools also mentioned that China Mobile could build the network for them .
* These two schools were still applying free lunch for more surrounding schools .
Share the visiting experience :
On April 23rd, we a line of six people visited a primary school that Free Lunch Program supported——shichengzi primary school in Qidaohe country ,Qinglong Manzhu Autonomous County ,Qinghuangdao City . The school located on a small hill . The small rusty iron gate together with three school buildings surrounded and shaped like a small Chinese character “凹”. The primary school could only supply with education before three grade because of various hardware and software problems . In all ,it had 86 students ,which included 40 preschool students . The first grade and second grade students each accounted for about 20 students . In addition ,there were 6 teachers and an aunt who prepared for children’s lunch .
It was lunchtime when we arrived at school .Students were lining up in the playground and looking forward to their lunch:a Pumpkin Stir Fired Meat ,a Soy Brainy Tofu and a Seaweed and Egg Soup . Because school did not have enough rooms ,only preschool students had their own dining rooms ,first grade and second grade students had to eat in the classrooms . In the progress of serving meal ,we noticed that some students said “less dishes !”. Later after we had asked the teacher , we knew that it was a habit . These students almost were left-behind children ,they lived far away from school . Some of them even had to climb across a mountain to go to school and it took them more than two hours on their way to school . So they often only had streamed buns and pickles for lunch . Although they had had free lunch for nearly half a year ,they were still not accustomed to eating rice with so much dishes .
Do you know that the standard of free lunch is 3 Yuan every meal for each person ? With only 3 Yuan ,you can support a child in poor mountainous area with a hot lunch .
Please ask ourselves , do we waste three Yuan today ? Do we waste my lunch today ?!